Bailey Charter Elementary School is a tuition-free public school of choice, serving students in Kindergarten through 6th grades. We offer competitive pay and benefits to our employees. Our salary schedule is modeled after that of the WCSD, with a 185-day contract. We are a year-round school, with a 45/15 calendar. If you are interested in applying for a position, please submit the appropriate application and applicable items at our employment submission page. Applications are taken on an on-going basis all positions. As positions become available, applications will be reviewed by the school administrator, and the hiring process will take place. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Classroom Teacher (K-6th grades): Under the general supervision of an administrator, a classroom teacher will implement school board policy regarding the educational curriculum of a particular instructional division and/or instructional unit. The teacher may teach one or more subjects.
- Dean of Students: Under direction of the principal, serves as assistant instructional leader Incumbent performs related work as required.
- Counselor: Under direction of the school Principal, the counselor will implement a comprehensive guidance and counseling program by creating programs and activities to support the State of Nevada’s School Counseling Program. The program, comprehensive in scope, preventative in design and developmental in nature focuses on what all students K-12 should know, understand and be able to do in three domain areas: academic, career and personal/social. The focus is on academic success of all students, not just those students who are motivated, supported and ready to learn. School counseling programs help all students achieve success in school and develop into contributing members of our society. The counselor performs counseling activities which includes helping all students develop specific skills, establishing the school counseling program, working with the community, and networking with all professionals at the school and within the counseling community. Incumbent performs other duties as assigned.
CLASSIFIED/EDUCATION SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS (ESP):
- Instructional Assistants: Assists teaching staff in a variety of instructional activities. Facilitates intervention groups, MTSS lessons, and supervises students at school. Performs related work as required. A current, Nevada substitute license is required.
- ESL Instructional Assistants: Under supervision, assists teaching staff in a variety of instructional activities and in the supervision of students at school and on field trips. Performs related work as required. Work with ESL students with an overall approach to English study, teaching students basic English skills, such as listening, reading, writing and speaking. A current, Nevada substitute license is required.
- Kinder Amiga: Under supervision, assists teaching staff in a variety of instructional activities and in the supervision of students at school and on field trips. Performs related work as required.
We utilize WCSD’s AESOP system to fill open substitute positions. AESOP will state that jobs are for “Bailey Subs Only.” ANY substitute that has a valid substitute license issued by the State of Nevada Department of Education is eligible to sub at our school.
Forms to Bring
If you have not subbed for us before, please complete the substitute application and bring it with you when you report for your first assignment. The substitute application packet includes the W4, payroll direct deposit form, EEOC, and I-9. You will also need to provide a copy of both sides of valid Nevada license from the Department of Education, your driver’s license, and a voided check for direct deposit.
Basic Pay and Schedule
Pay Period / Receiving Your Check
Substitutes are paid twice a month. You are paid on the 30th for days (or partial days) you work from the 11th to the 25th; and on the 15th for days worked from the 26th of one month through the 10th of the next month. All substitutes are paid through Direct Deposit, and pay stubs will be mailed to you.
Missing Check or Errors on Your Check
Please notify our bookkeeper immediately if you have not received a check or if you feel there is an error on your check. We have only two days to resolve any discrepancies and issue you a supplemental check. If you were overpaid, we will deduct the amount from your next check. Our bookkeeper may be contacted by calling (775) 323-6767, or through email.
Please note that days worked with our school do not count towards WCSD’s long-term pay rates, pay tier increases or six-month work requirement. If you are NOT a sub for the WCSD but hold a NV sub license, please email your application directly to us or fax to (775) 323-6799 to be included on our sub roster.